(Today Colombia) A few days ago, the Minister for Ecology of France Ségolène Royal, asked the French to stop using Nutella, because as it causes serious damage to the environment.
The whole world was surprised, the Italians furious, because Nutella is one of the great pleasures that exist.
So today we share with you a delicious and easy recipe to make, allowing you to enjoy the delicious Nutella. Not going to be that suddenly we prohibit it here too!
Nutella Stuffed Brown Butter & Sea Salt Chocolate Chip Cookies adapted from Ambitious Kitchen
Makes approx. 2 1/2 dozen cookies
- 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon plain greek yogurt
- 12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 jar of Nutella, chilled in refrigerator
- Coarse sea salt for sprinkling
(Note, all the above ingredients can be found in supermarkets in Colomnia, but, you may have to visit more than one to get them all.)
Bake the cookies 9-11 minutes or until the edges of the cookies begin to turn golden brown. They will look a bit underdone in the middle, but will continue to cook once out of the oven. Sprinkle with sea salt right after they come out of the oven, and cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes. Remove the cooled cookies from the baking sheets after a few minutes and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Repeat with remaining dough.
If dough is hard once chilled, place out to thaw for 20-30 minutes or until you can work with it.