Colombia’s culture minister on Tuesday condemned the use of historically and culturally significant buildings in the coastal city of Cartagena for the shooting of pornographic videos.

“It is unacceptable that historical centers or places of common cultural interest are used for these types of recordings,” Culture Minister Mariana Garces Cordoba said in a press statement.

The minister’s statement followed news about the filming of a pornographic film on the Castillo de San Felipe, an important landmark in Cartagena’s historical defenses.
The minister said she plans to report the pornographic company to Cartagena’s public relations office, whose director, Claudia Fadul, has already condemned the film.

Cartagena’s Institute for Patrimony and Culture has also criticized the shoot, according to newspaper El Tiempo.

According to the minister, the production company behind the pornography is also responsible for the filming of another porn flick in a nearby fire station just last month.

From Colombia Reports